Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Very Tasty SNL Digital Short

I will always love SNL. Maybe because it's a dream of mine to be on the show, but does that make me biased? Probably. Nonetheless, I still root for SNL everyday. And I am very much in love with this cast. I would say to those not digging SNL right now, to at least give this season a chance. It's been Very Tasty thus far, even the season premiere hosted by Megan Fox was not a disappointment like I thought it might be with said host. I'm not a fan of Megan, but was surprisingly impressed with her performance duties as host. It's as if she took it seriously and tried to learn her lines rather than read off a cue card as most hosts, (and even cast members sadly) have been doing a lot more of in recent years. It upsets me. But Megan Fox will probably only hear a compliment from me once in her life and here it is... She was both funny and impressive hosting SNL this season. I still dislike her exploiting herself and body. But welcome to Earth, right?

Anyway, the Oct. 3rd episode of SNL was full of Very Tasty surprises and clever skits, with the obvious hit and misses, (mainly hits), with host Ryan Reynolds who was slightly underused but Tasty in all his roles. The highlight of the show for me however was the ever popular Digital Short that genius Andy Samberg puts together. He has done many of these, one that won him an Emmy even called, "D**K in a Box" with Justin Timberlake. This video is very filthy and annoyingly catchy. And freaking Justin Timberlake, I've never really been a fan, but he is one hilarious dude. Maybe it's jealousy, I don't know. But he impressed me every time he visited the SNL set last season and also when he hosted. Check that episode out... I beg you. Justin Timberlake hosting SNL last season, one of my all time favorite episodes. But back to the Digital Short from last nights episode. Quite the treat for me. I've already re-watched it a few times now and still laugh. Congrats Andy Samberg, you've created another great video worth sharing. I applaud your triumphs.

Please enjoy and start watching SNL again. Mainly so the viewership goes back up and they don't cancel the show before I can land a spot on the cast... That's not selfish right?

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/clips/digital-short-on-the-ground/1163268/

Just copy and paste this link into your browser. I promise it'll be worth it.

1 comment: