Friday, October 2, 2009

TV Tastes

I've been thinking a lot about what I wanted to share next and I decided on TV Tastes. There's a lot of shows out there these days, and the over abundance is very, overwhelming. My focus today is on a new comedy that is 'fo sho" worth checking out called

"Community"
airing Thursdays at 8pm on NBC

Now obvious comedy choices are the ever popular "The Office" (which for me is really struggling this season...) and "30 Rock" (the Emmy award winning show Starring Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin with season 4 premiering Thursday Oct. 15th at 9:30pm. I CANNOT WAIT!) I'm partial to NBC shows right now apparently. There's another hit or miss show called "Parks and Recreation" starring the very funny Amy Poehler. But I'm afraid that she alone along with one other incredibly funny man, Aziz Ansari, can't save that show. I know it was created by Greg Daniels, the same guy who brought us "The Office", but "P&R" feels like a cheap rip off of "The Office". I do wish that show the best, but so far I'm no convinced.

Back to "Community". This delightful "diamond in the rough" has proven itself with each new episode. This show stars the quirky and funny Joel Mchale from E!'s "The Soup" playing a lovable douchebag and he pulls it off...um... easily. I don't want to sound mean with that statement. He's hilarious. With him are a lot of unknown actors who are all cast well and bring a lot to their "community" study group. And then there's Chevy Chase. I thought he was a goner. But thank God for "Community" because he is back playing a delightful idiot who you can't help but laugh at. Perfection. But the highlight of the show for me is from actor and comedian Danny Pudi. This guy makes the show. He plays a dry and honest character who is the glue to the group. Also, during the finally credits in episode 2 and 3, he single-handedly hooked me on the show. I laughed out loud at both moments.

So, are you interested but missed the first three episodes? Have no fear. There's an amazing site you can go to called Hulu.com and from here, you can watch all your favorite shows. With "Community", let the pilot slide. It's not the best episode but it sets up the story nicely. Episode 2 is funny and guest stars Ken Jeong as an over the top Spanish teacher. Not convinced by the episode, then watch the final scene during the credits. Episode 3 is fantastic with many moments that I laughed out loud at. Especially the final credits scene.

This show has a lot going for it. And I wish it the best. Very Tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment